Annual Edition 'Buying Power of Black America' report
breaks down billions in expenditures Black
consumers are responding to tighter economic condition by focusing more
of their spending on items and services that improve their homes and
lifestyle. That's one of the trends revealed in the 15th annual report,
"The Buying Power of Black America," published by Target Market News.
The report analyzes spending for black households in 2008 and finds that
Story continued... _________________
2010 by Target Market News Inc. All rights reserved
228 S. Wabash Ave.
Chicago, IL 60604
Networks seeking candidates for Director of Corporate Market Research
(April 28, 2010) BET Networks has an immediate opening for a Director of
Corporate Market Research to be based in Washington, DC or
New York City at BET Networks. Those interested and qualified for the
position should direct inquiries to:
Vice-President, Corporate Market Research
235 W Street NE
Washington, DC 20018
T. 202-608-2367 / F. 202-608-2449
The Director of Corporate Market Research will provide analytical and managerial
support to BET Networks (BETN) Corporate Market Research staff in
Washington, DC & New York City. The Director will be responsible for
analyzing Nielsen Media Research data to further understand BETN
audiences and competitive influences that impact BET programming
(including development, scheduling and acquisitions) and marketing. The
Senior Director will report to the Vice President Corporate Market
Research and will be responsible for the following:
- Partnering with internal clients, utilizing audience data and trend
analyses to inform, support and further enhance the Marketing,
Programming and Development efforts of BET Networks.
- Developing unique and thorough analyses to positively position BET
Networks in the context of the competitive media landscape utilizing
- Providing leadership and direction on various Custom Research projects
using Nielsen Media Research data.
- Collaborating in the creation of market positioning, presentations and
other materials that showcase the value of the BET Networks brand.
- Partnering on the development and communication of internal market
research intelligence reports as the expert on the African-American
Television viewing audience.
- Cultivating general knowledge of BET Networks Television brands: BET,
CENTRIC & BET International.
Job Requirements/Qualifications: - 3-5 years experience in Programming Research/ Market Research and
strong Ratings Analysis experience is essential.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills are required, with a proven
ability to interpret analysis.
- Background in financial analysis and modeling is a plus.
- Proficiency in Nielsen Media Research databases (StarTrak, Galaxy
Explorer, MarketBreaks, NPower, etc.)
- Must have a solid working knowledge of television and a strong
interest in television research.
- Experience in and understanding consumer behavior; strong interest in
pop-culture, and African-American trends is ideal.
- Detail-oriented w/ the ability to work under pressure, handle multiple
projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Possess initiative, professionalism, enthusiasm, and the ability to
work both autonomously and as team player.
- Operate with a bias toward action and a sense of urgency.
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to manage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Education: ∙ BS/BA in Business Administration or liberal arts, MBA or MA in a
related field is a plus.
BET Networks, a subsidiary of Viacom Inc. (NYSE: VIA) (NYSE: VIA.B), is
the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news and
public affairs television programming for the African-American
audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million
households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean,
the United Kingdom and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant
African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business
extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black
entertainment, music, culture, and news; CENTRIC, a 24-hour
entertainment network targeting the 25- to 54-year-old African-American
audience; BET Digital Networks - BET Gospel and BET Hip Hop, attractive
alternatives for cutting-edge entertainment tastes; BET Mobile, which
provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and
BET International, which operates BET in the United Kingdom and oversees
the extension of BET network programming for global.
BET Networks is an EOE- Equal Opportunity Employer